A new list in Business Week, entitled the “25 Most Iconic Cars of the Past 20 Years” singles out the Bentley Continental. The list of 25 vehicles also includes the Hummer H2, the Lamborghini Gallardo, and the Porsche 911. It’s easy for auto enthusiasts to experience the thrill of driving these exotic cars with exotic car rental in Dallas Fort Worth from DFW Elite Auto Rental.
The full list of exotic vehicles is available at Business Week and includes the following:
- Mazda Miata: The Miata is noted for reinventing the roadster and stirring up interest in small sports coupes.
- Lotus Elise: The Elise has been singled out as faster than other sports cars due to its light fiberglass body.
- Toyota Prius: Famous for bringing hybrid cars to the commercial forefront, the Prius is a favorite of many celebrities.
- Audi TT: The Audi TT is noted for its design features and stylish appearance.
- New Volkswagen Beetle: The New Beetle was a huge success at reintroducing fans to the popular Beetle.
- Pagani Zonda: With a price tag of $1.2 million and the appearance and performance stats to go with it, the Zonda is the ultimate exotic car.
- BMW Z8: Although it wasn’t around for very long, this two-seated roadster is noted for its performance and design innovations.
- Mini Cooper: From its stylish retro design to its impressive performance in its class, the Mini Cooper has been a huge success.
- Hummer H2: When you drive a Hummer H2, you can see why it’s the ultimate power SUV.
- Bentley Continental GT: For auto enthusiasts, the chance to drive a Bentley Continental GT is the chance of a lifetime; nothing turns heads quite like a Bentley.
- Ford GT: Even though it was discontinued three years ago, the GT still gets a nod for being a “classic super car.”
- Lamborghini Gallardo: When you drive a Lamborghini Gallardo, you understand the true nature of the modern sports car.
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren: Arguably the loveliest Mercedes ever built, the SLR McLaren is famous for its stylish racing design.
- Jaguar XJ: The 2003 redesign of the classic 1960s Jaguar style preserved some of the iconic features most prized by auto enthusiasts, including the hood ornament and headlights.
- Aston Martin DB9: The DB9 makes the list because it looks beautiful from the rear as well as the front.
- Maserati Quattroporte: The Quattroporte is reported to have created a “new niche for high-end, four-door supercars.”
- BMW 3-Series: The 2005 redesign of the 1970’s 3-Series was a successful update of a popular exotic vehicle.
- Bugatti Veyron: This beauty is sometimes considered the most expensive and fastest car in the world.
- Chrysler 300: The 300 is considered one of the only successful joint endeavors between Chrysler and Daimler.
- Ford Mustang: The 2005 Mustang redesign was a huge success, mixing retro styling with futuristic design themes.
- Porsche 911: For exotic car fans who get a chance to drive a Porsche 911, the appeal is easy to see.
- Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano: This exotic sports car is considered the most powerful Ferrari, and its stylish beauty is a sure head-turner.
- Jeep Wrangler: The 2007 redesign of the classic Jeep Wrangler preserved much of the popular stylistic items while successfully updating the vehicle.
- Nissan GT-R: This car was apparently inspired by Japanese anime featuring giant robots.
- Tata Nano: This Indian vehicle will be remember for being one of the world’s cheapest cars, and it may see future release in the US.
Which ones did they miss? I suppose iconic does not necessarily mean exotic, but the Nano?
Article by freelance writer Kate Miller Wilson. Learn more about Kate’s SEO writing services at http://www.kateMillerWilson.com.